In support of the University of Delaware's sustainability efforts, the Delaware Geological Survey is offering its First State Geology newsletter as an online document.
First State Geology features news about Delaware geology and water resources, recent DGS publications, and DGS staff activities.
IS7 is a foldout brochure that briefly discusses the background and current activities of the DGS. Specifically, the following major programs are listed: Geology, Hydrology, Cartographic Information, Geologic Hazards, Seismograph Network, Outer Continental Shelf, Mineral Resources, Well Records and Sample Library, Publications, and Joint-funded Programs.
The Delaware Geological Survey has unveiled a new version of their public web site. Although many of the technologies employed are consistent with modern web standards, giving the user a familiar feel and comfort level, particular attention has been paid to information and the retrieval of it. The site is designed to encourage users to explore content they wouldn't other wise read.
The DGS is, by statute, the state agency responsible for entering into agreements with its counterpart federal agencies, including the U.S. Geological Survey, the USGS Office of Minerals Information (formerly the U.S. Bureau of Mines), and the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement (formerly the U. S. Minerals Management Service), and for administering all cooperative programs of the State with these agencies. The DGS also works with many in-state and out-of-state partner agencies and organizations.
Beginning July 1, 2008, DGS will become formally affiliated with the College of Marine and Earth Studies (CMES) within UD. DGS has been part of the University of Delaware since 1951, however, had previously reported to the vice provost for research and graduate studies.
On June 4, 2001 the DGS celebrated 50 years of science and service for the Diamond State. Senate Bill 129, creating the Delaware Geological Survey, was signed into law (Chapter 55, Part VI, Title 7 of the Delaware Code) by Governor Carvel on June 4, 1951.
A brief summary of the technology used on the site as well as its purpose and other notes.